Thank you for your interest in Unity Academy of Chicago. Selecting a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make to nurture your child’s mind, body and soul. To that end, Unity Academy of Chicago offers a superior Montessori environment for children between the ages of 3 and 9.
Our mission at Unity Academy of Chicago is to provide our students with an education that instills a lifelong love for learning and excellence. Our students are taught to view and understand the world through the light of the Glorious Quran and the teachings of our Noble Prophet Muhammad and his pure family. Through a comprehensive curriculum and compassionate environment, Unity Academy of Chicago equips students with the knowledge, values and mindset they need to contribute to a better world.
We recognize that to achieve their highest potential, children need support from both the school and the home. Thus, we look forward to a productive partnership with you, the parents, to further strengthen the foundations of your child’s education. As partners, we will share the responsibility for your child’s success and our school will fulfill its part to the best of our ability. Throughout the year, we offer many opportunities for parents to interact with our teachers at biannual conferences, a Curriculum Night featuring an in-depth glimpse into the classroom, parent education events on varied topics, and more. We are very excited at the prospect of working closely with your family and are honored that you are considering Unity Academy of Chicago as an integral part of your child’s upbringing.
Thank you again, and we look forward to having another incredible year.
Our Admissions Process
Enrollment is currently open:
- At the Primary level for students who will be between the ages of 3 and 5 years as of the first day of school.
- At the Elementary level for students who will be between the ages of 6 and 8 years as of the first day of school.
To initiate the admissions process, please complete the following steps:
- Initiate an inquiry by visiting https://www.theunityacademy.org/admissions. Using the same form, you may request a school tour.
- Upon receipt of your inquiry, a school staff member will contact you within 5 business days. If seats are available, you will be asked to fill the application form and submit the $50 non-refundable application & assessment fee. Payment may be made online using a credit card or ACH transfer.
- Upon receipt of your application and payment, a school staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment on a weekday between the hours of 9:00a and 11:00a. During the appointment, you will have an opportunity to meet with school staff and your child will visit the classroom to engage in the morning work period.
- A decision letter will be sent to you within 10 business days following the student visit and parent interview.
|Application & Assessment Fee:||$50 (due with application)|
|Standardized Testing Fee:||$150 (for Lower Elementary only)|
All fees above are charged annually (except the Application & Assessment Fee). The fees are due 14 days after admission confirmation (for new enrollees) or August 1 (for continuing enrollees). All fees are to be paid through SchoolCues, by ACH transfer or credit card.
|Full Day, 9:00a – 3:30p, M – F||$8,000|
|Full Day, 9:00a – 3:00p, M – F||$7,000|
|Half Day, 9:00a – 12:00p, M – F|
(for 3 year olds only)
Tuition is yearly and may be paid all at once or in 10 equal monthly installments with the first installment due on August 1, 2023. All fees are non-refundable.
- Sibling discount – The oldest child will be charged tuition in full. For each additional child, the discounted tuition will be as follows:
- 20% off for the 2nd child
- 40% off for every subsequent child
- Full tuition payment discount – A 2% discount may be availed if tuition is paid in full prior to August 1, 2023. This discount is only available to students paying the full tuition rate.
All discounts apply towards tuition only.
Child care is available after school until 5:00p every day that school is in session at the following rates:
- Monthly: $250
- Weekly: $100
- Daily: $30
For the convenience of our parents and to provide healthy meals to our children, we have arranged an optional school lunch program. The cost of the school lunch program is as follows (subject to change):
- $150 per month for 5 days/week
- $90 per month for 3 days/week
Unity Academy of Chicago welcomes all interested families to apply for admission regardless of their ability to pay the full tuition. Our school offers financial aid to assist families in making education affordable. Financial assistance may vary in amount and is based on the need or financial status of the family, the number of requests received, and the amount of financial aid funds that are available for a given school year. Financial aid may be applied for at any time before or after the admissions process.
To ensure complete privacy, we use a third-party organization called BeneFAQ to help us accurately and fairly assess a family’s ability to pay. BeneFAQ has been supporting families seeking tuition assistance for over 20 years. Their application process will request financial details that primarily consist of income, expenses, assets, and debts. BeneFAQ uses that information to calculate a “Family Anticipated Contribution Total” (FACT Report) and sends us that information. Once received, we will reach out to you to discuss the results..
To complete your confidential financial aid application, please follow the directions below:
Step 1: Navigate to www.benefaq.com, select the “Parent Login” button from the upper right, and create a new account.
Step 2: Click the APPLY button. Choose the application year. Enter our school number (11153). Click the “Pay and Create App” button to proceed and enter your credit card information. The fee to complete an application is $35.
Step 3: Fill out all the sections of the application. At the end of the application, once you have reviewed your entries and clicked “Submit App & Proceed” you will be asked to upload required documentation. BeneFAQ will begin verifying your application once the application is complete with all supporting documentation.
If you have any questions, please click on the Questions/Clarifications link at the upper right-hand side of the online application or you may contact BeneFAQ directly at [email protected].